To Big Ten or to not Big Ten that is the Question

Saturday, August 22, 2009

The engine that could, hopefully

Yesterday Doug Marrone talked about what the offense will look like. "Just so you know, I've done a lot of radio in the South and people have asked me this question, just to give everyone a head's up, they say, is it going to be llke the New Orleans offense or a Clemson offense? What kind of signature is it going to be? And I've answered this question. You're going to see things that easily, you can identify with what we did in New Orleans. You're going to see things at Tennessee. You're going to see things at Tampa, also, that we put in. And you'll probably see some things from when I was a player here. I think it's going to be exciting. It's just a matter of when we pick and choose to use them during the year. I'm excited about it." There is no name yet for the offense other than Multiple. I have some up a name, the SUper Spread, cause you cant spell SUper without SU. My guess the Offense s going to be a run and gun with a few option plays thrown in. If it works, its going to be fun and exciting to watch, also it wil be very hard to stop.

"I feel much more comfortable about the personnel. The only thing that will restrict us, some of the packages because of our depth, if someone gets injured, we could be out of a package. You put in practice time and one player gets hurt and now you're out of that package, that's disappointing. But I think we have to have these multiple packages where people can't lock us down with our personnel and what plans we're running.""I think it relates quite a bit (to Paulus)," Marrone said. "It really does. When you have someone that can handle that information, you can expand further. I don't think we're waiting for Greg to grow in the offense. I think we're force-feeding it on him." Wow, I am nervous, because if somebody goes down we are screwed, but I am not at ease with the Paulus decision.


Still not convinced how about this; Friday night, Marrone had some other things worth sharing about the direction of the offense. In the spring, the Orange installed about 20 percent of its playbook. But with the arrival of quarterback Greg Paulus, that playbook has been expanded, Marrone said.


"I'm happy where we're going with the playbook," Marrone said. "I'm extremely happy. Obviously, I'm not going to talk about some of the packages we're going to, but we are expanding the packages to where I think ... packages that will give us a better chance - I'm going to talk offensively for now - packages that will give us a better chance to be more efficient on offense and score.


Grob might have been on to something, could Greg Paulus be our little engine that could! I think he can I think he can!



fast forward to 50 second mark.
Excerpt From Coach Greg Robinson's Last News Conference









No comments: