Well I guess I can not put it off anymore, it is time to right about Syracuse's next big thing, The Syracuse Raging Bullz. The Bullz are the new ABA basketball team in Syracuse and tonight is their opening game. The question is, will they have lasting power. Other than the Crunch and Chiefs, every other pro team as failed. Look no further to the recent failures of The Salty Dogs, The Express, the Nats, The Vipers, and The Stars.
There is something special about this league though. To see this look no further than the leagues rules;
The ABA continues to be innovative in its approach to bring fast-paced, fan-friendly, exciting basketball to true fans. The game has evolved and so has the rules. The ABA combines FIBA and Pro rules to create the best show for the fans. The ABA was the creators of the 3 point shot (now used by the NBA and other leagues). The ABA now has a rule focusing on defense called the 3D. Learn about our unique rules here and how we plan on making the game more fun and exciting. In the ABA we're "Havin' a ball™".
Now i know what you are thinking, why does Syracuse need another basketball team? That's simple, The Bullz and the ABA are different. There are different rules that should make them more exciting;
- The 3-D Rule is basically an additional point added to a field goal when the 3-D light is on. This occurs when the offensive team loses possession of the ball in the back court, the ball goes out of bounds after touching the front court, or the offensive team does not establish possession of the ball in the front court.
- The 6th Foul Rule gives the team the option to leave a player in the game after he commits his 6th foul. The flip side of this is that the opposing team gets an extra free throw and possession of the ball if that player commits another personal foul.
- The Back-Down Rule is a three-second limit to a player dribbling in the paint with his back to the basket,
- The Over Time rules state that the first OT period is three minutes and the second OT, if needed, declares the first team to score 10 points as the winner.
- The 7 Second Back court rule differs from the NBA's 10-Second Violation in that it is three seconds shorter and a time out or a deflection out of bounds does not restart the count.
Now This is not going to be NBA caliber player by any means, but these kids are going to work their tail off on every play. These guys are all hungry and dream about their next big step. The possibilities are endless, come out and support the players, one face you might recognize, Dayshaun Wright. This was his bio on scout.com;Picture Anthony Glover. He’s that kind of tough, physical and athletic forward. He’ll battle you for rebounds, jump over guys and get himself to the rim anyway he can. Looks like he could play middle linebacker in the NFL. Named one of the top underclassmen at the Nike Camp by TheInsidersHoops.com.
I am excited so lets see what this is all about, it will be better than sitting on your old barcalounger feeling bad that its Thursday and there is nothing to do, cause there is. So set the DVR to record Gray Anatomy and ER and get your butt down to the War Memorial. Get out of your seat and cheer loud for your New Home Town Basketball Team, they could surprise you with some exciting fast paced basketball.
This is a true professional basketball league that has a very positive history. Let's get ready for the tip off!